Our Governors are here to help and support our school.
We are from different backgrounds.
Some of us are L. A. Governors – we are appointed by the Local Authority in Bolton
Some of us are Co-opted Governors – we are asked to serve on the Governing Body because of our past experience e.g. a retired headteacher and day care manager.
Some of us are Parent Governors – elected by parents of children who attend the school.
Some of us are Staff Governors –we represent the staff of the school.
Some of us are Associate Members – we represent the staff but do not have voting rights.
Many of us have a wide range of experience in Early Years education, finance and decision making.
One thing that we have in common is that we all want the very best for our children and their families and we believe that the children and staff at Grosvenor are outstanding and we are here to challenge this school to get better in every way.
How do we help?
- We are here to help and support the Senior Leadership Team in our school and day care.
- We are involved in planning for future development and direction.
- We have high expectations of what everyone in our school can achieve.
- We listen to the staff and support them in all areas of teaching and learning.
- We support our school and day care in providing for all our children, irrespective of background, including those with Special Educational Needs.
- We are accountable for the performance of our school and day care, including all safeguarding issues, to parents and the wider community.
- We help the Senior Leadership Team make decisions on our school and day care budget.
- Every year we will publish our ‘Impact Statement’ on this website which will inform you of the work we have done for the school over the previous year.
Our Chairperson is: Mrs Margaret Rothwell
Our Vice Chairperson is: Mr Eric Brindle
If you require any further information about the work they do or wish to speak to any of our Governors, or if you are interested in becoming a Governor yourself, please contact the school.